Inside, I only really decorated the living/dining room, but I have bigger plans for next year when the remodeling is done in the bedroom/bathroom. Plus, the after Christmas sales always make it a great chance to buy more decorations for the upcoming year.
Tootsee's ornament for the Tree.
It's official, I am a Griz fan. Take that Bobcats fans!
We had our friends Will, Jenna, and Pat over for Christmas dinner. We feasted on steaks, rolls, and many other wonderful side dishes that Jenna prepared. Of course there were lots of cookies and pies. Afterward, we relaxed and watched the Hangover, ha. What a great movie.
The next day, my mom came to visit! (well, her plane didn't technically land until after midnight on the 27th, but whatever). We didn't do a whole lot while we visited, but it was great to be able to catch up and see her. We had big plans to go to Helena for one of the days, but then I got sick, and that didn't seem like a good idea. All in all, it was a nice visit though. I'm anxious to see my family again soon so I can see my adorable nephew and I most definitely cannot wait until the birth of my new niece or nephew in May. Plus, my best friend, Amanda, is also pregnant, so I get to be an "aunt" again to her new little one in July.
I wish I could say Ben and I did something exciting for New Year's, but we both laid on the couch and watched a movie since we were both not feeling well. We didn't even make it to midnight. Geez, we are getting old.
Now I'm just waiting for Ben to get home from alert. He, unfortunately, wasn't able to make it home yesterday due to a big winter storm, so the house has been empty the last 2 nights without him. I'm guessing we got around 8 inches of snow between Monday morning and Tuesday night. And with the lack of plowing/salting that Great Falls does, the roads are just horrendous. I'm glad I work so close to home, but even being only 2 and a half miles away from work made my normal 6 minute trip 15 minutes. Boo. I definitely think it is time I trade the Fusion in for a vehicle with 4 wheel drive, or at least I need to get snow tires. Winter seems waaaay too long when you dread driving in snow because you fear sliding and spinning out. Hopefully only 2-3 more months of it this season... Fingers crossed!

No comments:
Post a Comment