Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hog Wild at the Montana State Fair

Today Ben and I went out the Montana State Fair for a few hours. It had just finished raining, and the attendance reflected the crummy weather. There were no large crowds to navigate through, and if we wanted to, we could have parked right up front in the parking lot (but instead we did as my dear old brother would do, park far away for free and walk up - but it wasn't that far actually). The fair has a lot of the same stuff the Wisconsin State Fair has - lots of food, creepy carnies, concerts, and animals, but just scaled down quite a bit.



Of course the bunnies were my favorite part. You could even buy them right there. It took every ounce of energy to not buy one, but I know that since Tootsee likes to stalk bunnies on her walks, having a pet bunny in the house would probably not work out so hot. I got my bunny fix at least, and this little guy here did not look like a happy camper. Ben and I laughed when we saw someone named their bunny Mr. Bojangles, which is exactly the name I would name a bunny if I got one.





There were lots of mules there and even a few donkeys and horses, although there were more mules than anything. They even had the world's smallest horse, Tiny Tim (which you could pay to go check out).



Which of these do not belong? Ever seen a Zebra wandering around in Montana? I think not. They had a petting zoo with some normal farm animals, and then some other crazy ones, like this zebra.Another animal definitely not native to this area, but still fun to see - a Kangaroo!

The alpaca looked like he had buck teeth, ha.

All in all we had a great time. The food was good, the animals were cute, and I got cotton candy! Can't complain about that. Plus, we'll be back on Thursday for the Josh Turner concert. That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment