Holy Cow, it's the middle of September already. Life has been a little busy around here. Ben and I have both been busy with work. I passed my ACLS (advanced cardiac life support - a step higher than regular CPR) and now I am officially off orientation and on my own. Of course the first day I took call, we had a late surgery, but hey, it's overtime, baby! It's really nice to be done with orientation again, and I hope I don't have to do it again for a while. If only those nasty little rumors about the Clinic closing or combining with Benefis would just go away, then I could rest easy, but of course there will always be drama and politics with the healthcare system.
I wish I could say we've done some fun and exciting things since my last post, but really, we've been so busy with working and stuff that we haven't done much. We did take Tootsee to the river twice to test her little swimming legs, but unfortunately, our silly Labrador Retriever does not care for the water. We took her to Belt Creek one weekend, and then last weekend we took her to Big Bend. We have pictures of pure fear on her face as she's trying to make a leap out of the water and back to dry land. It's rather funny, actually.
What a little scaredy cat!
Ben and I both had the entire Labor Day weekend off, so we decided to make a trip out to Billings. We left Sunday and came back Monday afternoon. It's a 3 hour and 15 minute trip from Great Falls to Billings, and there sure isn't much to look at during the drive, but it was definitely nice to get out of town. When we got there, we went right for lunch to Ben's favorite - Buffalo Wild Wings. We then did some shopping at the mall and went to Kohl's and Cabelas. We stayed at a Quality Inn which was pretty nice. They have late night snack at the hotel, which was cute. We went to my favorite restaurant for dinner - Texas Roadhouse. We stuffed ourselves with good food and did so much shopping that we came back with a full trunk of goodies from places Great Falls desperately needs. On our way out of town, we hit up some of the stores again and I got to go my personal favorite - Hobby Lobby for plenty of scrapbooking stuff. All in all, it was a great trip, and I look forward to going again.
Ben is hunting this weekend. He just sent me a text to say he shot 4 grouse. He saw 2 black bears earlier this week when he was hunting. I would say I would have pictures, but his camera is sitting on the coffee table, so that doesn't do him any good, now does it?
The rest of the weekend we just plan on relaxing and maybe getting some stuff done around the house. We hope to tear out the ramp from the deck this weekend, but who knows if that will get done. With my Dad's visit soon approaching, we have much to get done before we add the second bathroom. I hope we can be quick and get it all done soon. Well, until next time (whenever that may be...)

No comments:
Post a Comment