And just like that it's August. It's sad that there is already displays for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and even Christmas. I felt like it just started to get warm and become summer, but school goes back into session in like 2-3 weeks (which I am happy about because then the kids won't be wandering around the streets of Great Falls aimlessly). July was a horrendous month in terms of mine and Ben's work schedules. I think in the whole month we may have had 3 or 4 days off together. If I had off, he was on alert. If I was working late, he was home. We just couldn't win. At least Ben upgrades a new commander this month and will be around a little more.
This past weekend we decided to take a little trip out to Missoula to do some shopping. While the drive is very scenic and pretty, I couldn't help but be annoyed as we got stuck behind slow cars going 10-20 under the speed limit (and they didn't even have a trailer or anything). Grrr. Driving in Montana frustrates me so much. I would be plenty happy to just drive the speed limit, but apparently I'm a magnet for people to drive 5-10 under right in front of me in areas where there is no possible way to pass. I think driver's ed here too is a joke because people can't drive worth crap either. Anyway, back to Missoula. So we left about 8:30 on Saturday morning and got in a little after 11:00. Our first stop was right to Red Robin. We both were craving those delicious burgers and bottomless fries, and it definitely hit the spot. Then we shopped around a REAL mall. I got a bunch of maternity clothes because they actually have a true maternity store there. I got my first pair of maternity jeans with the belly panel. I feel all official and pregnant now. After shopping we drove around town a bit and then drove through the University of Montana's campus. We didn't do a whole lot while we were there, but it was nice to get out of Great Falls and see other places.
We had gone to the State Fair on opening night. It was extremely hot that night (ok, so it was like 90, but when you have a built in warmer, it makes things more uncomfortable). We feasted on delicious fair foods and walked around. They didn't have much of the animals out, but I did get to visit the bunnies. We watched the pig races too where Hamma Montana raced Lindsay Loham, Rosanne Barr, and Miss Piggy. The announcer lady was kind of annoying though. It was nice to be able to see everything we wanted to see in one trip, unlike the Wisconsin State Fair that you could just spend days going through all the exhibits and seeing all the animals and stuff. Not to mention the WI State Fair has WAY more food to pick from. Oh how I miss the real fair. Maybe next year we'll go home during it.
Me with the Lego Land Display.
This past week has been slow at work. I only worked 2 days, but that's okay because I spent the others just doing things around the house. I hope we get busier at work because full paychecks sure are nice. Now we patiently wait for Monday when we find out the sex of the baby, and then it's time for some serious baby shopping! I can't wait!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment