Sunday, July 11, 2010

Catch up

I wish I could say a lot has happened in the past month since my last post, but that would be a lie. After all of our visitors came, it was a pretty low key rest of June and beginning of July. I worked a lot, but not nearly as much as normal since we've been low censused a lot due to surgeon's taking vacations. That's alright, I'd rather have a day at home to catch up on my sleep and get things done. I have this new appreciation for naps now. If I have time I will take a nap in the afternoon or sometimes after work I will get home and just fall asleep on the couch. I suppose I better get used to having naps as my source of sleep once the baby comes in December.

We had another ultrasound in June. It was incredible to be able to see how big baby was getting, even though it was only 13 weeks at the time. Baby was already sucking his/her thumb! We even got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. It just made it all seem so much more real, especially since the previous ultrasound only showed this tiny dot. I recently started feeling baby move too. It's just amazing. At work we have a doppler that never gets used, so one of my coworkers and I like to go and listen to baby's heartbeat whenever we have a dull moment. It just makes my day. I have another appointment this coming week so hopefully we will find out the sex of the baby then as I will be 17 weeks, or at least we will make the appointment for that ultrasound. It's coming faster than I thought. To think in 5 and a half months I will have a baby. It's just crazy to think!


15 and a half week baby bump.

Ben was on alert for 4th of July, but don't worry - he still got his fix in of fireworks. We did our own displays of fireworks on the 2nd and 3rd. On the 4th I went to the parade with Lauren and then went over to the Wilkie's for dinner. Oh how I love cook-out food. Yum! Tootsee did even better this year too than last year. She didn't hide under tables or bushes, but instead just sat right at your feet during the fireworks. My poor puppy...


Hiding out from the fireworks.


Me and the hubby

Well hopefully this week flies by. I'm looking forward to my appointment on Wednesday, and then the State Fair comes at the end of the month. Then in August Ben and I are going home. It will be nice to get out of Great Falls, even if it is just for 4 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment