Saturday, February 27, 2010

Almost almost done!

And then there was paint. And carpet. And not living in an office.

This past week has been quite the exciting one. Well, only because we're homeowners in the middle of a remodel. We pretty much finished painting everything with the exception of a few touch-ups here and there. We installed the baseboards and the crown molding (and if by we, I mean Ben). And then we got carpet! YAY!

We first went to the Home Depot to have them do it, but it took them almost a week to send someone to measure, and then it was going to be 2 weeks for them to get it in stock and another week before install, so we said, no thanks, we'll go elsewhere. We ended up going to Pierce's Carpet Mill and found a carpet almost the same as the one we picked out at Home Cheapo and they had it in stock. Plus, they installed it 2 days later, and now it's all done. All we have left to do is some last minute touch ups on trim and paint in the bedroom and hallway, and finish the bathroom. At least we moved back into the bedroom though. It's awesome having so much room to move around. My brain is just spinning with ideas on what to do for decorating. For now, here are some of the pictures.




The closet is huge! That project was my baby. I still have more organizing to do, but I'm pretty happy with the final product.


Ben bought me this server for my birthday/anniversary present. We just picked it up yesterday, and I LOVE it! I can't wait to start filling it.

In no time we will be done, and I can finally have my house back. Until the next project...

No comments:

Post a Comment