Monday, March 29, 2010

Two Years of Wedded Bliss

It's hard to believe, but two years ago today, Ben and I got married. Two years in some ways seems so short, like I can remember it like it was yesterday. In some ways, however, it seems so far away when you consider how many times we've moved since then. In the two years since we've been married, I've lived at college, our first apartment together, back home while Ben was in Alabama, in our apartment in Lompoc, in our house on base at Vandenberg, and now here in Montana. It's crazy to think how much we've moved since then.

To celebrate our wonderful 2nd wedding anniversary, Ben and I went on a weekend trip to Fairmont Hot Springs just west of Butte. I can't say it was the nicest place we've ever been, but just getting away and being together was well worth it. We both worked on Friday, so we left as soon as I got off of work and Ben got home from alert. It was a 2 and a half hour trip there, and we got to drive through a few mountain passes to get there. It wasn't nearly as scary driving through as it was when we first got up to Montana. I remember holding onto the steering wheel for dear life as we first drove through Montana, definitely not used to the twists and turns, but now, it seems silly that I was so afraid of the mountain passes.

The resort had 4 pools - two in and two out. There was a hot and a cold pool each. The hot pool was around 103-104 degrees while the "cold" pool for a balmy 93-94 degrees. It was perfect. I only wish the place wasn't so full of children, or it probably would have seemed more romantic.

On Saturday we decided to go check out Butte. That took all of about 5 minutes. Butte is seriously lame, but that's ok. We ended up going to Deer Lodge and going to tour an old prison. How romantic. But it was really neat to see it actually. We went for dinner at The Montana Club in Butte, which was very good. Then more time in the pool. Before we left on Sunday, I got a massage. It was not at all what I thought it would be like. I felt like the masseuse was making me more tense. My shoulders kept grinding, and it was just not what I was expecting. I may try a massage again, but if I have the same experience, no more massages for me.

Before we knew it, the weekend was over, and it was back to reality. Ben had to go on alert today, and I had to work. We are both really looking forward to getting away for real. The goal is to go to Hawaii in fall or winter. I just hope we can hold out until then. Hopefully with the remodel coming to an end, we will have something new to enjoy until it's time for the next project. Until then, here are some pictures.


Don't drop the soap!


I would not want to be locked in there. That place was creepy. And gross. And well, a prison.


Ben was the guard, I was the prisoner, but we couldn't get pictures together since it was just the two of us, and no one else around at the moment.


Our room overlooked the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment