Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Family Visits

So we recently had some visitors to our humble abode. From May 24-30, Ben's sisters Jenn and Becky came to visit. I was at work most of that week, so Ben did all the site-seeing with them, until he went on alert. Go figure he can't get a week off without the Air Force throwing something in there. They went to Giant Springs, the Interpretive Center, Bozeman, around town. When Ben was gone, I took them to our limited shopping, but oh well. It's better than nothing.

Last week Ben got promoted to 1Lt. It was quite exciting ripping off the tape of his 2Lt ranks to reveal the new rank...It was a pretty low-key ceremony that the 490th did, but it was nice to be apart of it. It was also nice to have a reason to duck out of work early...




Then this past Saturday, my sister Laura came to visit. We had cake for her birthday on Saturday night, and then Sunday we spent the day in Helena. Ben is doing code change this week, so it was a good time for a visit since he's gone the entire week. Laura and I drove down to Helena Sunday morning and did a little shopping. I felt the need to get some Frango mints from Macys as well as check out a real Target, not a dinky one like the one we have in Great Falls. We got lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings. Ben was way jealous! I misread the menu wrong and figured honey barbecue would be sweet since it's honey barbecue. Well the fact that it's smack in the middle of mild to hot for their sauces, let's just say I didn't eat too many because I felt like my lips would burn off. I don't do spicy foods. I'm a wuss. We then checked out Helena's happening mall. If by happening, I mean 3 stores. The place is totally run down, but we did have fun in the Hallmark store laughing at the cards. Always better to do with someone so you don't look like a tool laughing to yourself in the middle of the aisle.

We capped it off with a little trip to the Gates of the Mountains. It was a 2 hour boat ride down the Missouri through the mountains. It was gorgeous, but I have to say the tour guide was a little hard to follow. If I have to hear the words gulch, fire, and Lewis and Clark one more time... but we did see a bald eagle and the next. We also saw a dead horse. I wanted to see mountain goats and sheep, but they apparently did not want to see us. All in all, it was a fun trip and we got some good pictures.









Yesterday Laura and I had a full day planned around town. We had breakfast from Great Harvest Bread Co. Laura told me that the Great Falls Great Harvest location is the first one, and that the franchise started from here which is pretty cool. Then it was time to turn in my beloved Ford Fusion. The lease is up in the middle of this month, and it no longer made sense to keep it sitting in the garage or carport just collecting dust and paw prints from the stupid neighbor's cat that feels the need to sit on the hood of my car. I almost teared up when I handed over the keys. It was, afterall, my first car. But I do know that my car will make someone else happy in the future.


Saying goodbye to my car...


Driving away from the car at the dealer. When I drove past this morning, it was still there, sitting in front...

Afterwards, we had some lunch, did a little shopping, and then went to On the Border for dinner. After dinner we took Tootsee to Giant Springs park. I think Tootsee enjoys making me look like a weak owner. She wouldn't stop pulling, so we didn't stay long. We did get some cute pictures though.







It was a good trip with her, but it ended so soon. I dropped her off at the airport at 5:00AM this morning and then went back to bed for a few more hours. I probably could have worked today, but I think I earned an extra day off, so I'm going to enjoy doing nothing today. It sounds so good right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment